Tuesday, July 27, 2010

DAY 2 The Journey continues

Today is day two of the journey to defeat the sloth within. Overall I had a good day
I definitely need to plan out breakfast, and watch it when I get home from work. Those
are two areas i could improve on. I work a four day week, getting up about 5:45 am and returning home around 6:00 pm. So I drive to work and sit all day at a desk and then drive
home. I chose to bring lunch today instead of going out with the crew to a fast food place. I
ate fruit apple and peaches for snack. And when I got home I ate a small bowl of chili and a sandwich. Its a start. I just finished walking for about 35 minutes listenting to switchfoot.
I dare you to move had a whole new literally meaning today as I was walking the lake.
On a personl note tomorrow is my 20th wedding anniversary to say that we have been through alot its quite an understatement. I am thankful for my wife and kids and that is a big reason i am
doing what i am doing now. Thankful for new mercy everyday. The promise I am clinging to and believing/meditating on today and for a while now James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Just think the God of the universe, creator of all heaven and earth drawing near... That's quite a promise, I want to go from Believing this to Knowing this deep on the inside.

1 comment:

  1. Jim - Thanks for sharing. I hope that you don't mind that I posted the part about James 4:8 on my Facebook. These thoughts are definitely worth sharing! Keep up the good work - resting in His strength and care.

    ReplyDelete