Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Outta the Dark into the Light

Oh I turned a major corner yesterday eight days into the journey. I had a major breakthrough
with my exercise routine and had much more energy to pick up the pace and go the distance.
I have not felt that good in a long time. I guess its partially due to diet and increased energy.
It felt so good to be able to increase my speed without fear. I am looking forward to tonight's workout. Look out Lake Hollingsworth you are next. I am up to 35-40 minutes, next week Lake Hollingsworth.

The other day I happened across a FB mutual acquaintance who is checking out universalism.
The person quoted an author I used to read many, many moons ago. This author was a hero
in the 60's and 70's as a journalist for Rolling Stone and writer following political campaigns. To paraphrase the quote: I make a brute/beast of myself to kill the pain of being a man. In otherwords I do all things in excess: drinking, drugging, etc. And am proud of it. This individual went on to commit suicide and leave behind family and friends. The ultimate in selfish self destruction. I thought how many different masks the enemy wears to rob, kill and destroy and am thankful that I have been transferred out of the kingdom of darkness and now am I resident in the kingdom of Light. That as a stranger in this world, nothing in this world can remotely come close to satisfying me. I am pressing in and getting in touch with the rhythm of heaven,
having fallen short of the Glory, but now being beckoned by the Glory to come and behold and as I behold I am transformed.

JC

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite part of your blog today: That as a stranger in this world, nothing in this world can remotely come close to satisfying me. I am pressing in and getting in touch with the rhythm of heaven, having fallen short of the Glory, but now being beckoned by the Glory to come and behold and as I behold I am transformed. Yes, Lord, transform me as I behold Your Glory!

    ReplyDelete